First details about “Platformines”
The prototype is coming along nicely. On this screenshot you can see a world generated with blocks, a hero jumping around and exploring through some fog of war, pretty glowing gems…
Here is a little run down of what we are -planning- for “Platformines”:
The game revolves around exploring a huge platform world populated with traps, baddies and treasures.
Some details about the features include:
- Enemies (humanoids wielding weaponry and alien/animal/whatever)
- Weapons (firearms and close combat)
- Traps, deadly traps, platforms, and more traps Platformance style
- Items to collect
- Quests to help you visit the world
- A place to sell treasures and buy things
- The hero appearance will be customizable
- Crafting your own weapons from the things you collected
- The hero must get better equipment to be able to go further down the world
- You will be able to randomly generate the world (using a seed)
There is more to it and this will come later. Since the feature list is pretty big for a two men team, everything might not make it to the first release. We would like to have feedback from players on what they like the most and see how we update things. So we may do a first release with a solid base of the game to get that feedback (a sort of beta but with a game that’s already fun and balanced). What do you think ?